Friday, August 30, 2013

Summer craftiness

What a long, fun summer it has been. This was our first real summer from school so we all had some growing pains. Between play dates, water park visits and workouts I managed to get a few crafts accomplished. And build a long list of future projects of course.

This is the verse I painted on the wall of our entryway. I just love this as a blessing and prayer for all entering and leaving our home. 


The biggest project was refinishing this big boy. We found this old, solid wood dresser at goodwill and instantly saw its potential. After much sanding, painting, sanding and sealing it is a beauty of a buffet. Marc and I loved seeing it come together and working on it as a team. There will be many more items like this in our home, we became big fans of this type of work. Plus it's lovely in our home and we are proud of the work we put into it together to make it uniquely ours.


I have sewed several items without getting pictures. One project was a tote bag for my Aunt Becky and a matching smaller one for her daughter Abby. They love them and it was so nice getting to make them something. Up next is one for my grandma. 

One of my favorite items is this bible cover. I adore the fabric and was really proud of myself for being able to make it up as I went. I wish I had added a pocket but that's ok, I love it anyway. I do have a pen hook and more bookmarks now.


My last project to share is an area in the game room that we redid. I am very proud of the way it turned out and so happy for Maddy to have an area of quiet play. The first pic is before, the second is after. 

That's all the projects I can share for now. I have several Christmas presents in the works and some other posts to make this weekend. Hope your summer was a great one, would love to see what you worked on. 





1 comment:

  1. Yay! Your Bible cover turned out! And it looks great!

    ReplyDelete