Sunday, June 9, 2013

First sewing tutorial project

I wanted to make some simple tote bags for the summer. Easy to carry things to the pool, library, friends house, park, wherever the wind takes us. I followed this tutorial and made a few modifications mid project. I changed the length of my fabric when I realized it was going to be too long for Maddy, and I switched the straps from 2 bought straps to one strap made from fabric leftovers. I changed the straps because I thought Maddy would do better with just one and it was a good use of this scrap.

I got this fabric on clearance at hobby lobby today with this purpose in mind. Maddy was quite pleased with the choice. Once I finished I had her try it on for length and cuteness. 
Success!!! I made a few mistakes along the way but with more fabric to use I know I'll get the hang of it soon. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment