Monday, June 17, 2013

iPad case project


The world of sewing can be tricky, trying and oh so rewarding. On my latest project, that I just created in my head, I had a simple math error and ended up screwing up the project. Before I scrapped it, I decided to just work with it and see if there was any way to salvage it. I had originally intended to have it fold the same way as my iPad cover, and that's where my math error screwed it up. I had somehow cut it too short for the width. Once I twirled it around and looked at it vertically rather than horizontally I found that it was the right width, just needed another 4 inches for the length. The fabric I was using for the pocket was a large piece so I made an extension using it and extended the flap to coordinate with the back pocket. 

Once I got that little snag figured out it was pretty smooth sailing from there. 


This is the back pocket. My stitches are still a little shaky, mostly when I get overconfident and try to speed thru it. 


This is the front and flap extension. I think it pulled the project together well. 

I am still figuring out the closure. I have elastic cord but its a little bulky to fit around a button so I think I may use a small hair elastic. Also have to decide if I want one button or two. 

Only regret is not lining it, but its a learning process. 





1 comment:

  1. linings take projects to the next level for sure, but they are certainly more work. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete